BioMechanix University is an in-house continuing education program that the BioMechanix staff or featured experts in the heath and wellness community hold. These seminars and presentations are open to all fitness and health practitioners. Presentations cover health and wellness topics as well as material specifically designed for medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, acupuncturists, professional athletic coaches, psychologists, personal trainers and other health practitioners.
Planned sessions include:
- Lower Back Protocol: Designing a resistance training program for clients who have had, or have back injuries and symptomatic conditions.
- Shoulder Protocol: Designing a resistance training program for clients who have had, or have shoulder injuries and symptomatic conditions.
- Knee Protocol: Designing a resistance training program for clients who have had, or have knee injuries and symptomatic condition.
- Periodization: Basic concepts of linear and non-linear periodization models.
- Five Point Contact Principle: The application of this key concept while resistance training.
- Laws of Gravity (Plyometrics): Basic eccentric loading and how to determine if your clients are ready to perform plyometrics.
- BioMechanix Testing Protocol for Flexibility, Posture and Musculoskeletal History: Flexibility testing using a goniometer and the Thomas Test Position and Five Point Contact Rule. Postural evaluation to determine functional work ratios in regards to resistance training.
- Exercise Technique: Proper mechanics of resistance exercise and how to relay this information in a clear and concise way to your clients.
- ACSM Cycle Ergometer Submax V02 Test: Standardized guidlines for submaximal cardiovascular evaluation on bicycle ergometer.
- Body Composition and Anthropometric Assessment: proper protocol for taking a seven site skinfold caliper body composition test.