Each month, Jon Torerk, members of the BioMechanix training staff, and featured experts in the health and wellness community (acupuncturists, physical therapists, medical doctors, professional athletic coaches and psychologists) hold seminars and presentations that are open to the public. Seminars cover health and wellness topics as well material specifically designed for personal trainers such as techniques and testing protocols.
For more information and the schedule of events, call BioMechanix at (310) 837-0512 or complete the form below.
Planned sessions are:
- Lower Back Protocol: Designing a resistance training program for clients who have had, or have back injuries and symptomatic conditions.
- Shoulder Protocol: Designing a resistance training program for clients who have had, or have shoulder injuries and symptomatic conditions.
- Knee Protocol: Designing a resistance training program for clients who have had, or have knee injuries and symptomatic condition.
- Periodization: Basic concepts of Linear and Non-Linear periodization models.
- Five Point Contact Principle: The application of this key concept while resistance training.
- Laws of Gravity (Plyometrics): Basic eccentric loading and how to determine if your clients are ready to perform plyometrics.
- Biomechanix Testing Protocol for Flexibility, Posture, and Musculoskeletal History: Flexibility testing using a goniometer and the Thomas Test Position and Five Point Contact rule. Postural evaluation to determine functional work ratios in regards to resistance training.
- Exercise technique: Proper mechanics of resistance exercise, and how to relay this information in a clear and concise way to your clients.
- ACSM cycle ergometer submax V02 test: Standardized guidlines for submaximal cardiovascular evaluation on bicycle ergometer.
- Body Composition and Anthropometric Assessment: proper protocol for taking a 7 site skinfold caliper body composition test.